Owing to the over-reliance on the Internet for all small as well as big tasks, cyber crimes have become a norm now these days. With the passage of times, hackers or cyber criminals have indeed evolved many smart ways to steal your precious data. A lot of businesses, institutions along with government agencies have found out that is it very crucial to carry-out security measures to guarantee that their computer systems will never become susceptible to any kind of penetration. In fact, it has already become SOP for most organizations to perform regular vulnerability scans and penetration testing. Most IT professionals even highly endorse such security practice because a cyber attack might result to catastrophic results. Penetration testing or ethical hacking will examine all the possible vulnerabilities by exploiting them with a goal to get access of the network. By eliminating these security vulnerabilities, the security loopholes will certainly be remedied. You should be well aware that the pen testing is best performed by any third party or penetration testing company.
Generally, ethical hackers have more knowledge of probable vulnerabilities than IT professionals who are in-charge of running your computer network. Although the skills are the same, they actually different in their desired outcome.
Important of Conducting Penetration Testing:
All small as well as big enterprises conduct penetration testing to stop any attempt of security breach. You must be well aware that the pen test process is also known as ethical hacking because it does what notorious hackers do. The only main difference is that the purpose of pen testing is to identify security vulnerabilities in your systems.
5 Reasons For Conducting A Penetration Test:
- To ascertain if existing security controls are appropriate or not as well as the all the measures of security are efficient enough to guarantee security handlers and senior management as well.
- To know all the security glitches in the hardware, software, and among the users to come up with better measures.
- To set up a staunch defense against probable attacks
- To guarantee best security practices in software development phase as well as test if the existing applications are presenting opportunities for attack
- To unleash the presence of new security bugs in the updated software and introduce new ones
Indeed, there are plethora of reasons for conducting a pen test. Today, more and more businesses are considering of getting penetration service or Information security services. There are many experts which emphasize a pen test is somewhat similar to hacking. It is a service that is done for various organizations and such undertaking must only be done by professionals who have the great reputation for integrity and credibility.