Any experienced travel agent will tell you that Los Angeles has long been a popular tourist destination. The home of Hollywood is bound to keep attracting tourists for many, many years to come. And why wouldn’t it? L.A. has so much to offer. From the funky Eastside area, to the glamour of Hollywood, to Wilshire’s history and architecture, to the trendy bars and restaurants Downtown; Los Angeles has a little bit of everything. In fact, that is what makes it such a fantastic destination for family vacations in particular. And that is without even mentioning the beautiful weather! From May to October you can expect sunshine and very little rain. During summer the temperatures reach daytime highs of 81F. Prepare to get a tan!
As mentioned, Los Angeles is such a great place for family vacations. One of the reasons why this is the case is because there is a lot of amazing tourist attractions which have proved to be enjoyable for all ages. Let’s delve a little deeper into some of the best…
- California Science Center & IMAX Theater – This is undoubtedly one of the most popular museums in California itself. From blockbuster movies to science exhibits; you definitely won’t be short of things to keep you entertained.
- Universal Studios Hollywood – You simply cannot go to Hollywood without visiting the Universal Studios. The Studio Tour has achieved legendary status, but it is the theme park thatyour children will love the most. The movie-themed rides and attractions have proved to be a massive hit.
- Aquarium on the Pacific – From the Shark Lagoon to the Lorikeet Forest; this aquarium is truly one of a kind. With over 11,000 ocean animals to witness this is an experience you will never forget.
There are also a lot of great restaurants in Los Angeles. We have picked ten of the best kid friendly restaurant for you to enjoy;
- Encounter Restaurant – Californian cuisine at its very best!
- Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill – Paradise for any barbecue or seafood fans
- The Slaw Dogs – Hot dog innovation at its very finest.
- Michael’s Pizzeria – Pizza that tastes like it has come straight from Napoli
- The Oinkster – From scrummy Belgian fries to delicious pastrami sandwiches
- Home – It’s in the name; comfort food
- Border Grill – Colourful décor and colourful Latin American food
- Casa Bianca Pizza Pie – This old fashioned and casual dining room pizza place is one of a kind
- Les Sisters Southern Kitchen – Southern food; from jambalaya to cornmeal crusted catfish!
- Big Mama’s Rib Shack – Need I say more?
The final piece of the puzzle is to find accommodation and book your flights. When it comes to hotels you want to make sure you are staying in somewhere enjoyable for the children. Some of the most popular options are Hotel Casa Del Mar, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel and Terranea Resort. When it comes to flights from Singapore to Los Angeles there is only one place to start your search, and that is Flight Centre Singapore. The Singapore travel agency is the best place for all of the cheapest deals. You can also benefit from phenomenal travel packages and experienced consultants who will help you get the most out of your trip.