Heart is one of the important organ in our body. There is no person in this world without a heart. Each and every human being possesses a heart which is used to pump blood and filter it. Some people can survive even though their brain is dead, but no one in this world can survive if the heart is found to be dead. Hence, to keep your heart safe and to bring awareness of heart attacks, World Heart day is celebrated every year by focusing on diet and exercise.
In a research, it is found that forty five million people suffer from heart strokes and heart diseases and are said to be below fifty years of age. It is also estimated that by 2020 heart disease will be the leading cause of death globally
Hence to over come heart diseases, a research was made on diet, nutrition and wellness consultant which gives us five foods which can protect us from heart diseases. It is also described that the abbreviation for heart stands as follows.
- H stands for ‘Honey’
- E stands for ‘Ear of Corn’
- A stands for ‘Almonds’
- R stands for ‘Raisins’
- T stands for ‘Tomatoes’
- H for Honey, where honey is more delicious. It is a good medicine and friend for heart. Tests on honey have proved that the antioxidants in honey will reduce the LDL(bad cholestrol) in blood. Oxidation of bad cholesterol may lead to plaque deposits in blood vessels which will ultimately lead to heart diseases.
- E for Ear of Corn, which is commonly known as Maize, is rich in magnesium and potassium. These two minerals are known to have a positive influence in controlling blood pressure. Because, they contain very low fat and also rich in fiber which is used to control cholesterol levels.
- A for Almonds, they are one of the most versatile nuts, in which you can have them and make a habit of your daily diet. They can either be consumed raw or can also be used as an ingredient in cooking. These contain mono unsaturated fats, which is known to control bad cholesterol levels without reducing the levels of HDL or good cholesterol.
- R for Raisins, which are convenient and versatile snack that can be had any time either during nights or day time. They taste good to eat if you find them along with a sweet and are available at any provisional store near you. Same like the Almonds, Raisins are also rich in potassium, which helps you to maintain constant blood pressure, and are also good source of fiber that helps to reduce your blood cholesterol levels, thereby improving overall health.
- T for Tomatoes, basically available in any season, in any provisional store near your home. The rich red color in tomatoes comes from a compound called lycopene, which is an antioxidant. Although lycopene is best known for its protective effects in cancer, some researches proved that it can even reduce the risk of coronary heart disease when taken over a long period of time. The tomatoes contain large amounts of vitamin C, which provides support to cardiovascular system.
Hence, to protect your heart from different diseases and to survive longer make sure that you follow the above steps.